How Can I Save Money with Propane This Fall?
Propane can power just about any appliance inside or outside your home from a single storage tank – a real convenience, especially when you consider how easy services like automatic delivery and Auto Pay make managing propane deliveries to your home.
But the real value of propane shines through when you combine that versatility with the fuel’s clean, green efficiency. Consider the ways that propane appliances can save money for you in your Lamoille County, VT-area home:
- Water heating – A propane water heater produces hot water for about forty percent less than the cost of an electric water heater – up to 50 percent less if you use a tankless system!
- Furnaces – A propane gas furnace will reach efficiency rating percentages into the high 90s – higher than any other type of furnace. Manufacturers of electric heat pumps may claim their efficiencies are just as high, but that doesn’t take into account the fact that heat pumps engage a supplemental (and much less efficient) backup heat source once temperatures drop below freezing. In a cold climate like ours, that can make a big difference in your bills.
- Propane hearths – Wood fires are great, but only about 20 percent of the heat that a wood fire produces goes to warming your room. That’s about one quarter the efficiency of a propane fireplace. Throw in the one-button convenience of a propane fireplace, fireplace insert, or log set, and the propane advantage becomes clear.
- Space heaters – High efficiency propane indoor space heaters can be matched to the heating load of a problem room in your house, creating a super efficient heating solution for your spare room, sun room, hobby room, or garage workspace.
- Clothes dryers – A propane clothes dryer will do its job about twice as fast as its electric counterpart, and produce less static cling along the way (which means your clothes will last longer, too).
The bottom line: When it comes to efficiently powering your home comfort equipment, propane delivers, especially when compared to electricity – which means lower bills, more comfort, and a more climate-friendly Vermont home.
Power your appliances with clean, green propane – delivered by the reliable pros at Jack F. Corse! Contact us now to learn more, or to become a Jack F. Corse customer.